https://blog.languageexchanges.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Logo_orange-150px.png 0 0 Webmaster https://blog.languageexchanges.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Logo_orange-150px.png Webmaster2020-01-18 10:13:322020-01-02 22:16:29Ser vs estar
Although you need to practice a lot before you become an expert in that subject, below you can find two hacks in order to use ser and estar properly in Spanish.
Use of ‘ser’
- ‘Ser’ is used to describe a permanent feature:
- Jose es aburrido. (Jose is boring.)
- Esta ciruela es negra. (This plumb is black. What kind of plumb is it? Black.)
Use of ‘estar’
- ‘Estar’ is used to describe a transitory feature:
- Jose está aburrido (Jose is bored).
- Esta ciruela está verde (This plumb is green -Meaning: This plumb is unripped-. How is this plumb? It is green.)
- With some words:
- Está bien. Está mal. (Incorrect: Es bien. Es mal.)